Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gobble, Gobble!

 Thank you, Arantza and Marisabel!





This year, I feel like I have more to be thankful for than ever, ever, ever before. I am graced each day by the presence of 16 lively, bright, unique students with special gifts to offer me and every other class member. I am humbled by a lovely, welcoming parent community who is willing to give and give. I am lucky to work in a kind, wonderful professional climate.

I think our second graders said it best in response to my question on the Morning Message "What's one thing you're thankful for in school?" Responses were mostly along the lines of: we're kind to each other, we are welcoming, we are nice, we are friendly, we have fun. Life is good in 2B.

In this spirit of Thanksgiving, Marisabel (Arantza's creative mom!) volunteered to facilitate an ADORABLE Thanksgiving craft for our second graders this week. She enabled our students to be festive and start their day off with some Thanksgiving fun. It was clear that her (and Arantza) has spent quite some time carefully preparing the tiny turkey feet, pairs of googly eyes, colorful neat feathers, and little orange beaks so that each student could make their own fun bird. They are complete with clothespin stands glued on the back to make a fun decoration for a Thanksgiving table, or what have you. On the back of their turkey's body, each student wrote one thing they were thankful for. I got a kick out of "I'm thankful for video games" and was warmed by many "I am thankful for my family and friends because they love me"s.


 Happy Thanksgiving!

 Some silly turkeys, for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment